Searching for third party logistics (most commonly abbreviated to 3PL) company is quite a burden of a task. Your bottom line should always be to forge a win-win relationship. How? Take a look at our tips below.
1. A provider with true interests. You wouldn’t want someone who’d leave you hanging anytime soon. Right on the get go, look for a partner that will walk beside you through and through. You will know if a 3PL is truly invested into helping you if they can show you in details, how they can aid your expansion needs (in case you need to). Open lines of communication is the best way to begin any search.
2. Experience is gold. More so when a third party provider has some years into its feathers. This means that they know what they’re doing to last that long. But be true to the point. Look for a partner with experience relevant to your company’s operational experience. Scrutinize their actual involvements in the industry you belong to. Make it a perfect fit and ask about their personal and professional development programs. As noted on fmicanada.com, if each member of their team looks enthusiastic and engaged enough in their normal day to day operations, they’re for keeps.
3. Cheap is not always good and say yes to customization. What is it that they say about you get what you pay for? Don’t be such a cheapskate when searching for a 3PL. Outsourced solutions can be beneficial in the long run but always ask first about ways by which a provider in question plans to increase and improve your continuous cost and efficient operations. For customization, if you’re a bit picky, choose a smaller provider as it will be easier to relate to them on a personal level. Keeping it that way will create better results since friendship is somehow already established. To challenge a contender for your logistics provision, ask them for actual samples in which they have offered a customized solution to a previous organization they serviced. You’d know by then who wins the case.
4. An able partner with multifaceted capabilities. This is applicable to businesses whose needs span more than just one industry. In choosing a 3PL partner, opt for one which can serve the most number of product markets you also serve. Ensure that they have the previous experience, future capacity and certification compliance with areas you deem important for your operations. Safety is of top concern in cargo security. If they have it, they’ll flaunt it, so it’s up to you to know the truth about it. Successful partnerships have foundations on trust and truth.
5. Is there a connection? Lastly, no matter how adept and promising a third-party logistics provider may seem, if you don’t find that inner connection upon first happenstance then don’t waste your time with such a partnership. Chemistry is key and being to sort out things right at the onset is a good way to go. If there’s no spark right there, don’t expect it to work in the long run.
The many choices is overwhelming, follow those steps and the search may soon be over.
We are living in a world where technology is everything. From the moment we step outside our house, we find ourselves surrounded by technology in the form of vehicles, shopping, banking, communicating or entertainment. Its influence cannot be escaped. Similar to us, the work organizations throughout the world are also relying on technology for their daily needs.
Human resource management system (HRMS) or Human resource information system (HRIS) can be understood as a method to manage the human resources in organizations. It is a way to manage the ever-growing large workforce more efficiently and clearly. It is essentially the employee management software which perfectly merges the human resource management and all is basic HR activities as a field and the elements of the information technology. The basic function of human resource department is to administrate the tracking of employee data, which basically includes skills, histories, accomplishments and salary. To reduce the enormous workload of these tasks, computers were used. They have simplified the task of analyzing huge amounts of data by allowing us to store the desired information in it. Human resource executives can now rely on IT professionals to develop and maintain the HRMS.
A good HRMS system should provide the following: - Efficient management of employee records. -Reporting and analysis of the employee information. -Company related documents such as handbooks, guidelines. There are several modules that a Human resource management system can tracks such as payroll, time and attendance, performance appraisal, recruiting management, performance record, employee self service, scheduling, analytics and high potential employees.
The HRIS can be used for the following purposes:
- -Human resource planning and analysis.
- -Equal employment.
- -Compensation and benefits.
- -Health and Security -Employee and Labor Relations.
The HRMS can contribute a lot of the company because its first purpose is to reduce the human effort which is required to compile the data on employees. It improves the efficiency with which the data is organized. With the help of the system, many activities can be performed easily and resourcefully without generating much paperwork. The task of record keeping is reduced exponentially since the entire data is kept on-line. It can also be retrieved conveniently when required easily.
The second purpose is that it makes the task of decision making and planning much more efficient and clearer. Having access to the data on-line, the HR planning is now based more on the information provided and less on depending on the managerial perception and intuition. The specialists can easily compile data from the servers rather manually doing the analysis for each department.
Choosing an HRIS is quite crucial as it is important to first understand the basic needs and strategies of the HR department of the company. Many companies need different functions and accordingly, a suitable HRMS must be chosen and designed to fit perfectly to the needs of the sector. At the same time, several factors like financial flexibility, ease of use, privacy and safety of the data should be considered when it comes to choosing the perfect Human resource management system.